Thursday, November 1, 2007

One down....

What a relief - my Darden application was submitted around 3pm yesterday a full 33 hours before the deadline! The past 8 or 9 months has basically been devoted to improving my application and gaining admissions to that MBA program - so essentially I gave birth to 20 pages of paper yesterday. This time around the words weren't blurry, I was able to edit my essays without feeling like my brain was traveling at 1,000 miles per hour and I didn't need 15 gallons of water just to sit in front of my computer for a couple of hours. I was calm, relaxed and confident - now when I was about to submit I was anything but calm and relaxed; in fact I was surprised I didn't need a new computer as I was hosting butterflies the size of a taradacktyl in my stomach before I hit submit. Best part of all - the blood sugars stayed pretty stable, actually had some lows over the past week even with all the stress, excitement and anxiety of getting together what I've worked so hard on.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow. That's a lot of work to put into a master's application. Is that the norm?

When do you think you'll hear if you're accepted?

Good luck!!

Alison said...

I love the imagery of 'giving birth to 20 pages of paper' lol..

Best of luck Ed, you worked hard!

Shannon said...

So, who would you want to have dinner with and what are your career goals?

Shannon said...

Hey Ed,

Here is a NYT article someone sent me and thought you'd be interested in reading it if you haven't already.

www.nytimes.com/2007/07/26/fashion/26fitness.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1&adxnnl=1&emc=eta1&adxnnlx=1194178683-dGl7HtRfVuskue03YaUDLQ

(the link looks cut off, but just highlight it and it'll all show up)

Bernard said...

Best of luck on the application. Do let us know when you hear how it goes.