Friday, August 28, 2009

Having A Voice

For some time now I have been frustrated as a diabetic with a ton of ideas but no one practical to share them with. Sure, I blog about some of my ideas that can improve blood sugar management, but there is a world of difference between blogging about ideas and applying ideas. I'm reminded of this in my Leading Strategic Change course as we analyze the knowing - doing gap.

With that, I can't begin to express my excitement when I received an e-mail from the product manager of the Freestyle Navigator!!! Jonathan had come across my blog through researching consumer opinion on the product; and reached out to me in part because we went to the same undergraduate institution. He was excited about my ideas (which I'll list in a later post) and shared alot of my desires. Even better, he told me that anytime someone calls their help center, the suggestion or complaint is logged so that data can be incorporated into newer versions of the product.

Anyway, it's nice to know that sometimes when we share our thoughts someone is actually listening.

No comments: